Thursday, March 1, 2012

Did I really just say that...

I recently moved to Houston, TX (okay, I've been here about 4 days). I am working as an a regional recruiter for Mississippi State, which means that I just work out of my apartment. So today, I was tired of being in my apartment so I decided to go to the closest Starbucks just to have a change in scenery and do some work.

When I was buying my coffee, of course the cashier who is the manager was asking about MSU debit card and all of that stuff. Then asked my name, I didn't even go in to the double-name thing, people around here do not get it. So after some small talk I got my cofffee, found a table and literally started making a nest. I had all of this material spread out all over the table and floor. The same cashier came over and was trying to sweep around me at one point, and we made some jokes about all of my stuff- you know, just small talk.

Then he came over, and said, "Do you have a gum or mint or anything? You girls always have that kind of stuff in all of your bags." I looked at him and said, "I doubt it, but I'll check..". (as I'm digging through my purse and not finding anything) I look back up at him and say, "I'm kind of a bad girl."

As soon as the words came out of my mouth I wanted to vomit, but instead I turned extremely red, and couldn't even back up or explain. (What I meant by that statment was.....I'm not Mary Poppins or one of those girls who can pull a pair of scissors and scotch tape out of her purse.)

While I'm blood red and awkwardly fumbling through my things, he then says, "Oh that's cute..you're southern and you blush."

I could not get out of there fast enough! Now I am completely mortified to go back because you know at Starbucks they try to remember you so next time it's like they know you and your drink

I can only imagnie the adventures to come in Texas..

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh. this just made my NIGHT! love you, miss you. keep the stories coming!

    ReplyDelete