Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ridin' with the bug man

This summer I am working for a company that owns a lot of different types of companies, one of the companies is a bug terminating company. So as part of our internship we had to go and visit each of the companies, and on this particular day we had to go the terminator comapny, which I was a little nervous about to begin with.

Well after we get to the bug spraying headquarters we get put in cars with a bug man. Ok now to begin...First of all if anyone knows me I am deathly afraid of roaches, I don't know what it is about them but I would rather see a snake or a mouse. So I get in the bug man's car and there is a mardis gras bug necklace hanging from the rearview mirror...I kind of freaked out.

Well William, that's the bug man's name gets in the car, and the two of us start the spraying adventure. Oh did I mention that i am dressed like the bug man in pants, close-toed khaki shoes, and a button down shirt...and it's 100 degrees outside. While we are riding in the car I keep trying to make conversation because this is so awkward. William and I talk about college...he didn't go, we talk about sports....he doesn't like most sports, he loves to cook....I can barely make a melted turkey and cheese without messing something up, clearly this is going no where fast.

On our bug spraying jobs we had to spray restaraunts (be careful where you eat and what you eat), we sprayed some office buildings, and a movie theater. While we are at the movie theater we start talking about movies and actors and actresses....so I think this is a safe subject. I bring up Julia Roberts, she is my favorite and not just because she is a red head but she is great in everything.

Then just like the rest of our conversations the bug man says well I don't like Julia Roberts and then he said "yeah I know it's kind of weird I don't like her because not to make you awkward or anything, but I kind of have a thing for red heads."

So now I got even more awkward because I have red hair......

Luckily that was the last conversation William and I had becuase just as he told me he had a thing for redheads the other bug man I was suppose to ride around with came and picked me up.

Later when I got back to the bug spraying headquarters I told another intern about it and she said that the bug men got to pick out who they wanted to ride with them.

Good thing I didn't tell the bug man that my nickname was red hot lovin'

1 comment:

  1. margaret. hilarious. you would have bug men attracted to you...only makes since. I can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete